Due to his extensive background in Neurobiology and Psychology, Dr. Alex Anastasiou is trained to understand and treat patients as a "whole", taking into account their biological as well as their psychological and social/cultural situation. As a trained physician, Dr. Anastasiou is able to distinguish between mental health conditions and other medical conditions that can have psychiatric or neurological symptoms. He will provide you with the best options for your situation and will consider drug interactions, potential side effects and addictive properties. Dr. Alex has extensive training in prescribing Anxiety and Depression Medications, ADHD Medications, Sleeping Aids, and Mood Stabilizers. In addition to medications, he has experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing. He can also collaborate with your existing therapist or refer you to one if needed.
Dr. Anastasiou prides himself in performing a thorough evaluation with each patient by closely listening to their needs. He communicates well with both patients and their families. He is easy to talk to, compassionate and knowledgeable. His main goal is to have you functioning at your best both mentally and physically so that you are able to achieve your goals and improve the quality of your life.
Dr. Anastasiou has 13 years of higher education, with 8 of those years consisting of advanced medical education and training. He is up-to-date with the newest advancements in mental health and is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology which is a distinction only given to doctors who pass comprehensive exams and extensive training in their specialty.
- Depression, Irritability, Low Energy/Motivation, Weight Changes, Low Sex Drive
- Anxiety: Panic attacks, Social Anxiety
- ADD / ADHD Evaluation and Treatment
- Insomnia, Racing thoughts
- Situational Stressors (Jobs, Marriage, Health Issues)
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia related behavioral issues
- Relationship Problems with friends or family
- Impulse Control Problems (Anger Issues, Tics, Behavioral issues, Gambling)
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Postpartum Depression
Call (925) 425 - 0191
5890 Stoneridge Dr #215
Pleasanton, CA 94588